Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Christmas Village

I have been collecting Snow Village pieces for -- oh, probably 15 years. I have a great variety of buildings and love displaying it every year. One of my coworkers has been asking every day patiently waiting to see pictures. So, Tiffany, this post is for you. The pictures aren't great. Partly because the only natural light is being blocked by the Christmas Tree.

Before I show you all the houses, here is what that wall looks like

 

The train station takes up the entire width of the mantle. I put greenery and lights behind it, just because I like it that way. There is a switch that turns on the music and it plays 'There's no place like home for the holidays".

This side of the mantle has a french restaurant and a movie theater on the top shelf, two houses on the center shelf (the one on the left has Santa and Mrs. Clause sitting in their living room chairs in front of the fire, the one on the right has a key to wind it up and you can see the couple inside dancing around the living room) and an irish pub and a bbq joint on the bottom.

And the other side has two houses on the top shelf, the center shelf has a place that sells Christmas Trees and a covered bridge, and the bottom has a house and a woodworkers shop.

I have broken some pieces over the years - but I've also added to it. I haven't found it in any of the stores around here. I enjoy it and hope to continue to display it every year.

Christmas wouldn't be complete without a picture of our tree.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment