Friday, January 17, 2014

Resolutions, Smesolutions

So there's this whole mindset that we need to set New Year's Resolutions.  Those are the same folks who think that once we break that resolution we're done for the year.  What?!?!?  If I miss one day of dieting / working out / doing a good deed [insert your own resolution here] I shouldn't even try again until next January?  Seems a little silly, doesn't it?

For me it's better to set goals.  I think a goal is something to strive for, you don't have to be perfect, you don't even have to achieve it right away.  You just need to work towards it - slow and steady is fine.  When you fall, you get back up and try again.  No one (and I really mean me) expects that I won't fall off the wagon once or twice.  It's human nature to want to hit the snooze button once or twice.....  Much more enjoyable than getting up and on the treadmill.  And if I occasionally forget my FitBit?  Not the end of the world, I'll try to remember tomorrow.  I have finally learned that it's not about being perfect right out of the gate, it's about getting better at it over time.

So this year one of my goals was to blog more.  My Virgo tendencies want me to pick a number of posts per week - I felt like two wasn't enough, and three was too many, and I wondered why I was stressing over something that simple, so I settled on 10 new posts per month.  I admit I will count Wordless Wednesday as a post, so don't even try to tell me that throwing a picture up there doesn't count.  I've already decided that it does.

I also want to work out more.  I'm not really focused on a number of pounds to lose, but more about feeling good.  So I'm trying to get on the treadmill more and taking Pure Barre classes - those are a workout!  They may not look difficult, but you have to dig deep for those muscles and make them work.  It's a great workout - just painful :)

So stick around and hopefully you'll see more posts this year - I'm not sure what I'll tell you about in this predictable life I lead.  But maybe this will be the incentive for me to pick up the camera more often, or share some of my innermost feelings.  Nah, I won't do that to you.  I'll share some old pictures and movies, some home cooked meals (Jim's cooking most likely), some sewing and even some more of what makes Nashvegas such a unique city.

Stay tuned - The best is yet to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment