Thursday, June 20, 2013

Homemade Hummus

For Laura's graduation party I brought fruit salad and a vegetable tray with onion dip and hummus. I bought a brand of Hummus I had not heard of (Tribe) which, it turns out, is made locally in Taunton. It was really, really good.
 
Laura emailed me some recipes after, and I decided to try making some roasted red pepper hummus. I took the recipe from Vanessa's Values blog and changed it a little.
Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://vanessasvalues.blogspot.ro/2013/02/recipe-roasted-red-pepper-hummus.html

Here is my version of the recipe:

1 medium roasted red pepper

1 (16 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)

1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)

1/8 cup olive oil (the recipe called for 1/4 cup, but because I used the oils from the red pepper, I decreased the oil)

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1 clove garlic (or 1/8 tsp. garlic powder)

salt to taste

1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

2. Adjust seasonings to your taste.

And that's all there is to it!

At first I thought there was too much lemon, but after a couple of days all if the favors melded together and it was really good. I would definitely make it again. But next - spinach hummus!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment