Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mother Nature has a Wry Sense of Humor

Reconnecting with Nature

Linking up with Chrisy at Living a Good North Coast Life for Reconnecting with Nature, one photograph at a time.

Winter in the southern United States is generally a little chilly, but by now we've usually gotten some nice, warm sunny days and are seeing signs of spring - like crocuses and daffodils breaking through the surface of the ground and soaking up a little of the warm, February sun.  Not this year.  This year continues to be cold and snowy.

Since Sunday we have had an ice storm that left everything covered in 1/2" of ice (thank you winter storm Octavia), followed by snow, now being followed by bitterly cold air.  Jeesh.  Enough already - WE'RE IN THE SOUTH!!

I've been taking pictures of the yard because, well to be totally honest, I'm pretty bored.  I've been housebound for four days and if I'm going to stay in the house that long - I need something to do.  So I've been taking pictures and posting them on social media.  I must admit - even that is getting a little old.

As I was taking pictures today, I realized that Mother Nature has quite a sense of humor.

See what she did here?  The shed roof is snow covered, the tree branches encased in ice, and icicles hang down all along the roof edge.  Except right in front of the thermometer.  She didn't want to hide that!  She really wanted us to be able to see how cold it was!!
So it's cold - and snowy - and icy - and it's February.  A couple of months from now it'll be in the low 70's and sunny......

I'm counting on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment