Saturday, June 28, 2014

Brussel Sprouts

Well, tonight I cooked the brussel sprouts that we got in this weeks' CSA package.  They were quite tasty.  When I started, I didn't realize how much work is was going to be to get them off the stalk!  With a sharp knife and a steady hand I found my rythym and was able to get a nice little pile of them in a short time.  
A friend of mine had recommended balsamic-braised-brussels-with-pancetta - which looks great, but I didn't have pancetta or bacon, so I looked around and found this recipe for cavatappi browned brussels sprouts with buttery breadcrumbs.  Because I consider recipes a suggestion, I made this one minus the noodles.  
It was really good!

Jim went back for seconds - and finished the all, so it must have been good!!  I do still want to try Mal's recipe some day.  In fact, there are MANY recipes on that site that look fantastic.  Check it out if you get the chance.

I'm still not sure what that round yellow/orange squash is that we got last week.  It doesn't feel hard like a butternut.  I'm going to cut into that tomorrow and see what it looks like.   



No comments:

Post a Comment