Sunday, June 22, 2014

Peach Cobbler

Easy Peach Cobbler is what the blog said  http://thepeachtruck.com/blogs/blog/14253153-easy-peach-cobbler

As much as I hate to cook meals, I love to bake.  And when a recipe name starts with the word easy, I'm willing to take a look.  If it doesn't look quick and easy, I'm probably not going to make it.  But this one - this was easy.  Remember the peach cobbler I mentioned here?

I had peaches that were past their prime, but I didn't want to throw them away.  I peeled and sliced the peaches, 
melted the butter right in the baking dish, mixed the other ingredients - poured it all in the pan and spooned the peaches on top.
 Into the oven, and Presto.   Oh-My-Goodness deliciousness in a baking dish.  I wish you had smell-o-vision, because this smelled fabulous.
 A dish of this with a little cool whip on top - mmm mmm good!!
Thanks Peach Truck!!

Now,  a couple of things - because I view a recipe as a suggestion, not a mandate.  I didn't have self-rising flour, so I used Bisquick (it's the same thing, right?) and I had 3 cups of peaches (5 peaches cut up) not four, so I used 3/4 of the amount of everything else (see kids - math does come in handy!) and used an 8x8 pan.  It did take almost the full 40 minutes, and when I looked at it I didn't think it was done.  But it was cooked through and delicious.  

It's definitely not a diet recipe, and I might work on slimming it down a little, but I think a splurge is justified when it's something this good. 


1 comment: